Checking In

My blogs so far have been very factual, basically just telling you everything I've done which will be beneficial to have documented and cool to look back on, but I haven't written about where I'm at emotionally in this experience. The first couple nights of the trip were hard. I was having fun and meeting so many new people, but I couldn't help but feel homesick already and wanted so badly to share everything I was experiencing with my family. I've always traveled with them and had these kind of cool travel experiences with them so it is weird having to relay my amazing adventures here back to them. I'm forcing myself to be present and soak in every moment, because I'll never get an experience like this again and even though I may get homesick at times, I know I am growing and learning so much from this whole experience and that it will all be so worth it in the end. Also, it is incredible to me how close I have already become with some of the girls here. It's so hard to believe that I've only known them a week. I feel so blessed to have this experience and am so happy with my decision to study abroad here. I can't imagine doing this anywhere else, with any other people, or through any other program. Everything about the program is amazing and has gone so smoothly. I have not one bad thing to say about my experience so far. I would never be able to experience some of the things I am experiencing without the AIFS program. I just feel so lucky to have ended up here and am so excited for what the days ahead hold. I just booked a weekend trip to Interlaken, Switzerland with some friends. I probably won't ski, considering I haven't tried to since my knee surgeries and since so many ACL injuries happen while skiing I'm a bit paranoid, but I plan on going night sledding and am looking into skydiving. It sounds so cheesy and I know I've said it before but I seriously feel like I'm living in a dream and that all of this can't be real. I've only been here a week and have already seen and done so much that I can't imagine what the future holds. And I can't wait to share it all with you guys. 

Xoxoxo


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.