Living in a Dream

day 10  //  florence  //  chianti  // florence  



I learned from my mistake yesterday and woke up extra early today, I even had enough time to grab a cappuccino and croissant before class (who am I?). We got our tests back in class and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the "A" on the top of my paper - whoohoo! After class we had a quick lunch before we ran home to get ready for our wine tasting in Chianti that night. We were running late and had to sprint across town to make it to the bus stop on time, but we made it. And boy am I glad we did. I wish I could come up with words to explain the wine tasting. It was my favorite part of this trip so far. We drove through beautiful Tuscan scenery until we reached the Castello di Verrazzano in Chianti, which just so happens to be the place where Mona Lisa supposedly grew up and sat for the famous Da Vinci painting. The beautiful, foreign art of wine making and tasting mixed with the historic castle with breathtaking views of Tuscany made for an unreal experience that I will never forget. After a crazy week of go-go-go, the man forcing us to sit down, relax and savor the history, scenery, and wine was simply perfect and I appreciated it more than normal. It really does feel like I'm living in a dream.




A little selfie on the bus trip to Chianti

Cheers!


Castello di Verrazzano



With Marisa - we bonded over our obsessions with our little sisters


I stole this photo from a friend - how awesome is this?


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.