Chocolate Salami

day 41  //  florence


Today I had a few things that I needed to do before class, so I woke up early, got ready, went to the ATM, went to the local printing store to get something printed for school, and got some fruit at the fruit stand. Then I went to the library at school to work on some homework (yes, I do have homework believe it or not). Then I went to my back to back classes of the day. After that I had another class, but not just any class… COOKING CLASS! I had signed up awhile ago and totally forgot about it until this morning. Conveniently the class was held right across the alley from my apartment so it took me a total of 30 seconds to get there. We walked in, got our aprons on, and got to work. We were making potato stuffed ravioli, meatballs in tomato sauce, and chocolate "salami". We all divided up to do different jobs and I was in the group in charge of mixing and kneading the pasta dough. After that we rolled the potato filling into falls. Then we rolled out the pasta so that it was super thin. We placed the potato balls onto the thin sheet of pasta, folded it over, and sealed it, getting out all the air. Then we took the wavy-line cutter thingy and cut all the ravioli squares. I wish i could've taken pictures of all the steps because it was so cool, but my hands were a little preoccupied. There was another group in charge of the meatballs and tomato sauce, and another group in charge of the chocolate salami dessert. (It wasn't actually salami - you just made it like you make salami so that's what they called it.) Then when everything was cooked and ready, we headed downstairs where there was restaurant-style seating and they served us the 3-course dinner that we had just made. It. Was. So. Good. Oh my goodness. All of it. Here are some pretty bad quality pictures of it.

Potato-stuffed Ravioli made by yours truly
MEATBALLZ
Chocolate "Salami "
Before we left they gave us each a little booklet with all the recipes in it so that we could make it at home. (Get ready for some chocolate salami, family!) Then I walked allllllll the way home (the whole 3 meters) where I accomplished a few things I needed to get done and went to bed!


Oh and today I saw that I had a package waiting for me. I cannot explain to you my excitement when I found this out. Turns out Sam (most of you know Sam, she's one of my best friends) sent me a Valentine's Day package!! It was so adorable and made my whole week. I have the cutest friends :)

I LOVE PACKAGES!!!!
Pink & red everything!


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.