Class Activities are Fun

day 15  //  florence


Well I didn't fail my test… I hope. It seemed to go pretty well so that's good! During today's break they had muffins, juice, and other snacks for us because our admissions counselor, Shannon, is in town visiting so we had that time to meet her. She's the one all of us emailed, called, etc. during our whole application and preparation process so we all got to know her pretty well over the phone/computer, so it was cool to finally meet her in person. Then during our second half of class, my teacher could tell we were all kind of distant and checked out after taking the test so he took us all to the leather market for an "activity" but we all just ended up splitting up and shopping! Then my friend Lauren and I wandered and explored a little before we went back to our new favorite juice bar for lunch. As we walked around aimlessly enjoying the beautiful weather, we both looked at each other and simultaneously expressed how incredible it is to be living here. We turn a corner and there's a man playing Italian music on the accordion, we turn another and there's a young couple kissing on the steps of the Duomo, I just don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that I'm living in one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the world. But moving on, after that a few of us went to the big grocery store that we have vouchers for (we get $50 to this place every month to buy food, toiletries, school supplies, or whatever else we want) and it turned out to be a really nice place that basically had everything you could ever want. (So like Target, but let's be honest - nothing will ever compare to Target.) And then we went our separate ways home to our apartments for a night in.  I spent mine catching up on The Bachelor and cleaning my room.  Not a extremely exciting day, but the kind of day that I have come to appreciate a lot.  

PS - My mom said a few of you were having troubles commenting on my posts, so I went in and adjusted the settings so that it should work better now! Let me (or my mom) know if you're still having troubles!

You may also like:

2 comments

  1. So glad you are appreciating & savoring each day! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast, every day. You're only 20 once - usually, approximately for one year. Love, Gmpa

    ReplyDelete

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.