Let's Learn Italian

day 6  //  florence   


Today was our first day of class, so we all met in the hotel lobby early and walked 30 minutes to school (I can't wait to be a 30 second walk away in a few days).  I literally walk across the Ponte Vecchio to school every morning, like is this real life?? My teacher is crazy. He teaches us very odd and color words and phrases, along with some common vulgar hand signals.  It's very innocent though, he's just an odd duck. It makes class very interesting though. For these first two weeks we have class from 9 -1 with a 30 minute break in the middle. It's really nice to be done with class so early (my classes after this two week period are SO late in the day).  After class we grabbed lunch and went to the bookstore to purchase our textbooks we need for class.  My card hasn't been working since the London airport and I ran out of cash, so I have to keep borrowing money from people which I really dislike doing, but I'm working with my mom and dad to hopefully figure it all out so I can no longer be indebted to anyone here. (Everyone is so understanding and happy to help, so I got lucky.) Then we returned to the hotel and had more meetings about safety, homesickness, a little bit of everything - actually a lot of everything, they are so long.  And because I have been getting barely any sleep at all, I can hardly stay awake during the meetings which is terrible.  



My yummy lunch

You may also like:

1 comment

  1. So happy you're getting a quality education there so far... ;) love, mom

    ReplyDelete

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.