Chef Tessa

day 29  //  florence


Day 29, can you believe I've been here almost a month? So crazy. Anyways, today was another day full of running errands & going to class. So after I woke up I went to the ATM and used the right pin, what a concept right? Then I went a got a computer charger cord. HALLELUJAH. (Now I can share all my cool pictures with you guys, so look back on my last few posts to see all my photos from last weekend!) Then I met my friend Lauren for lunch at our favorite cafe where we sat, ate, and studied for a couple hours. We had a quiz in our Italian class, so we were studying for that. Then we went to class, first we - I say we because Lauren is in both of my classes on Wednesdays - had Made in Italy. Our professor is a little boring and he coughs every 5-10 seconds (not exaggerating, he has something wrong with his throat) which makes it even harder to understand his strong Italian accent making it reaaaaally hard to pay attention to his already semi-boring lecture. That sounds terrible and I'm not one to complain, but let's just say it's a lonnnng two hours with him. Then we had Italian. We took our quiz - I was worried I didn't study enough but turns out it was pretty easy and I knew basically everything on it so that was a relief! Then we had another cute Italian high-schooler come in and we had to ask him questions about himself and he would ask us questions in return and we had to say everything in Italian. It was challenging, but really fun and really cool meeting him. I really like my Italian teacher, she knows what she's doing and makes me really want to learn the language. (My other Italian teacher - the odd one - just added some of my classmates on Facebook and invited them to see his band play, so there's that.) Then after class Lauren and I went back to my apartment before our pizza-making class at 7. The place where the cooking classes are is right across the alley from my apartment so we left at 6:59 to get there. Turns out it was at a different place across down, so we ended up being 20 minutes late, but the second group had just started so we didn't miss a thing. It was at a restaurant that we had previously eaten at, so it was cool to go behind the kitchen and see where all the magic happens. The guy made one first to show us how it was done, then he handed us our dough and we got to work. I put pepperoni, ham, beef, spicy sausage (meat lover 4 life), cheese, basil, and oregano on my pizza and after a few minutes in the brick oven, it was ready to eat! I shamelessly ate the whole entire thing - it was some of the best pizza I've ever had and I was so proud. I could hardly believe that I made it. Then we all headed to our friends' apartment to hang out for a bit before coming home to finish laundry, cleaning, and starting packing for this weekend. I leave tomorrow night for PRAGUE. I don't really know what to expect but I'm so excited! Plus I'm Czech, so I'll be exploring my heritage a little! Can't wait go and can't wait tell you guys about it!


The guy kept telling me mine was "MOLTO BENE!"
Pre-oven
Bring the heat
My masterpiece
Before...
The damage
PS - Sorry the pictures aren't very good quality. I used my phone and got flour on it when I was making my pizza and there was flour on the camera part so they're a little funky, but the pizza was delicious so it's all good, right?

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.