Off to the Alps!

day 23  //  florence  //  interlaken


Hi from Switzerland! I'm posting this from my phone so it might look a bit different. But here goes nothing :) I had photography class early this morning but I can't complain since I only had to walk down one flight of stairs from my apartment to get there. We actually went out and about in Florence today for class and explored the controls on our cameras and learned how to use them correctly. Class was 4 hours long but it went by faster since we were walking around town! After class I grabbed a salad to go and went back to my apartment to finish packing and get all ready to go to Interlaken. I took my bags over to apartment #2 when I was finished before class at 4:20. They had decided to leave early for class and get gelato at our favorite place so I couldn't resist joining them. I leaned that I am for sure lactose intolerant, because I notice whenever I get gelato flavors with dairy. Bummer, but it's okay because my favorite flavor gelato at this place is pear (seriously to die for) and it doesn't have milk in it :) But I might have to lay off the dairy gelato and cheese, which is close to impossible in Italy but I'll do my best. Then I went to Italian class for an hour and after that I grabbed another salad to go and ate it back at apartment #2. When we finished eating we grabbed our bags and pillows and made the trek across town to the train station where our bus left for Interlaken. There were 5 buses of kids leaving from Florence (that's a lot a kids) and even more coming from other places. It was a 7 hour bus ride and we watched movies all the way there. Right before entering Switzerland, we drove by Lake Como. It was dark out but it was still so pretty. I hope I get the chance to see it in the light while I'm here. We finally arrived in Interlaken around 3 AM. We checked into our hostel which is so cute (it's called Balmer's Herbage) and we all crashed fast. Gotta rest up for our exciting weekend! Can't wait to wake up and see the beautiful Swiss Alps in the morning.

PS - I realize I'm blogging almost every detail of what I do each day and I apologize if it's not very exciting to read but I want to make sure I have it all written down so that I can look back on it later and remember everything! Plus I know my mom wants to know every little detail ;)
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.