Serendipitously Good Day

day 21  //  florence  


What a serendipitously good day. I woke up semi-early to go to apartment #2 to workout with the girls again. Then I came home to shower only to find that I had no power, no wifi, and no water. We discovered yesterday that whenever the apartment above us would shower, water would run from our ceiling down our walls and start flooding the floor, so the plumber came to fix it and they were doing construction all around our apartment all day, so we had to go without power, wifi, and water for a bit.  So no shower for me, yucky. Then I met up with Heidi to run some errands. We were hungry and wanted a salad for lunch and heard of a good place right by my apartment so we went on a hunt for it and we found it. It is the cutest little place and there were maybe 3 other people there. The workers spoke no English so we had to order and do everything in Italian and we were so proud of ourselves. We got these amazing salads with pesto, parmesan, and avocado on them - aka three of my favorite things EVER. It was heavenly. We'll definitely be going back there. Then right across from this cafe is the tiniest, quaintest little gelato place you'll ever see. We heard it was amazing, so we had to give it a try. It was so fresh and gourmet, unlike any of the gelato I have had yet. They had the most amazing and unique flavors too - earl grey tea, rose petal, chocolate chile, pear, grapefruit, vanilla spice, mojito, and more. It was the best gelato I've ever had and I refuse to eat any other gelato while I'm here because it was that good. And it was only ONE EURO. Basically heaven on earth. (Mom & Shelly - I'm taking you there when you visit, so get excited.) Then Heidi and I went to the electronic store because she needed a phone charger. We also looked at blenders because we are debating splitting the cost of a semi-cheap blender so that we can make smoothies and stuff. I miss my smoothies! We didn't get one, but we might come back next week. Then we had to rush back home before class. I started my photography class today! There is a classroom one flight of stairs down from my apartment (so the classroom is in my apartment building) and that is where my photography class is, so I don't even have to leave my building to get there - it's ridiculously convenient. Anyways, my professor seems really cool. He's a professional photographer and is really experienced and passionate about it which makes me really excited. We get to pick our main photo project based on our interests, which is really cool too. We spent class introducing ourselves and going over the syllabus. We got out a little early because we had to go take our final for our Italian course after. The test went well, but I was mainly just happy to have it out of the way. Then I grabbed dinner at the market and went to apartment #2 where we ate and watched the new Bachelor episode. My friends are obsessed with the show too, how convenient :) Then I headed home once again to crawl into bed. (We have power and water again - PHEW.)

You may also like:

1 comment

  1. Please snap pics of the outside of the cute little restaurant and gelato places....I like to be able to picture you in those places. Also need pics of the street in front of your apartment and inside too...thanks, love - mom ;)

    ReplyDelete

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.