Bad Tour Guides

day 72  //  paris


What a productive first day we had in Paris! We woke up (even slept in a little… well I did anyway) and had breakfast at a cute little place right across the street from our apartment. We had the "American style" breakfast (HA) which was a coffee, an orange juice, a baguette, a croissant, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, yogurt with fruit, and toast. They don't jip you on the early morning carbs that's for sure. Then we took the metro across town to the stop that (we thought) was closest to Notre Dame. When we finally got to it, my mom pointed out it out and I started taking pictures. There were no gargoyles which we thought was odd, but my mom assumed they had taken them off to clean them. Well long story short, it wasn't Notre Dame. It was just a random church. This actually continued to happen throughout the day. Shelly and my mom we convinced they knew where everything was and that they were basically top-notch tour guides. We joked that Paris had moved some buildings and monuments around since they had both been here last and that even the maps are wrong. But I just let them continue to think they knew what they were talking about for the rest of the day ;) We found this awesome little vintage second-hand store and I got this adorable vintage leather bag. As we ventured to our next stop, we stopped to take a selfie in front of this really pretty, old building and this random guy with a mask on jumped in and scared us. He didn't make the photo unfortunately, but certainly got a jump out of us. Finally we found the REAL Notre Dame. There was a huuuge line to go inside so we decided to skip that part. Seeing the outside was good enough for me, it's so pretty and the whole area around it is just gorgeous. I took lots of pictures. Then we walked across the love-lock bridge. Again, lots of pictures. Then we came across a ton of street vendors selling super old, cute little vintage books, postcards, and posters. In our apartment here in the bathroom there are towel hooks make from old books (I think I told you this yesterday), so Shelly and I decided to get some books so that we could duplicate the project at home! I also got some super cool vintage postcards that I want to do something cool with. Then we walked through this really pretty garden which we later found out was Medieval Paris. We stopped by Shakespeare's bookstore and had a bite to eat right next door. My mom had the French delicacy croque madame while Shelly and I had dinner crepes. It was sooo so yummy. Then we walked around the a little. We fell in love with this small street with cute shops and patisseries, so we walked that one twice. Then we made our way to the Ponte Neuf where we took pictures of the sun going down over the buildings and the Eiffel Tower from a distance. Then we visited the Louvre and took some fun pictures with the big infamous pyramid. From there we could see the Arc de Carousel and through that arch we could see the Arc de Triumph. We're going to see the Arc de Triumph up close tomorrow, but it was cool that we could see it from the Louvre. Then we took the metro home! Like last night, we went onto our terrace at every hour to watch the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle. Still unreal that we can see it from our apartment. Can't wait for another day in Paris tomorrow - I am LOVING it all so far. We saw so much today, but still have to see the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triumph up close. GET READY FOR LOTS OF PICTURES IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Break and more bread
And a little more bread
Crepes for lunch of me and Shelly!
Croque Madame for Momma!
"Mom are you sure my finger is touching it?"
Selfie with the Louvre Pyramid
Selfie with Ponte Neuf (I think)
Selfie with Notre Dame
Ponte Neuf
Da river
Notre Dame over the Love Lock Bridge
LOX
Paris is pretty
Springtime in Paris
Notre Dame through the cotton blossoms
I was loving the blossoms 
Notre Dame
More blossoms
So pwettyyyy
BUBBLEZ
Cuties at Notre Dame
Her idea...
ND
Random street/sidewalk pictures for days
Some cool building I forgot the name of
MORE BUBBLEZ
He was posing for me
Carousels everything in Paris!
Our yogi friend
People of Paris
Shelly loving our Paris apartment
Just like the French men
Merci
Double-fisting Starbucks
View from apartment terrace
Again
Cute vintage books
Sidewalk chalk
More books
Street view
Green light
Medieval Paris… maybe
Odette
Shakespeare's Bookstore
At the bookstore
More statues of Paige!!!
I like flowers
Odd shaped buildings everywhere in Paris
Yellow flowers
Garden in Medieval Paris
Notre Dame
Sunset in Paris
Wurk it Momma
More flower pictures oops
Place Saint-MiSHELLY
Louvre
Ponte Neuf?
Got it
Sunset at the Louvre
Taking a nap on the Louvre Pyramid
Louvre
Lots of Louvre pictures
I like reflections 
Again……………………..
Blurry street pic
Inside the Louvre
Arc de Triomphe through another Arc
Another street pic

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.