La Tour Eiffel

day 73  //  paris  


Today we woke up early and on a mission. We wanted to get to the Eiffel Tower as early as possible to beat the rush to climb the tower. We had breakfast across from our apartment again (American style again - oh well) and hopped on the metro to the big ole tall monument thing Paris is known for. Despite our attempt to get there early, there was still a huge line to get in. We decided to not waste away our day standing in line. Climbing it would have been really cool, but just seeing it up close and personal was good enough for me. We walked all around it and took LOTS of pictures. We sat down on a little bench and people watched for a bit too. Then we decided to do a double decker city bus tour that went around the whole city. We saw all the major hotspots, even the ones we had already seen yesterday. We got off at Champs Elysées, saw the Arc de Triumph and walked around there. We watched street performers and went into lots of little shops along the way. We even stopped for little rest and coffee break at Starbucks. We went into the Quiksilver/Roxy store just to look around. When we didn't find anything we wanted we headed for the door. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a mini display of GoPro cameras. I have been wanting one forever and wanted to get one on this trip but couldn't find one anywhere. So I got one! I am so excited to start using it. It will be so cool to have for my trip to Amalfi Coast in May and Kauai in the summer since it works underwater. Anwaysss, you know the store Zara? Well today I discovered a Zara Home store. I did not even know they existed before today and I was just loving it. After spending a good chunk of time there, we hopped back on our double decker bus for another loop of the city until we eventually got off and took the metro home. On the way to our apartment we stopped for dinner at a nearby restaurant. They gave you a tiny, tiny dish of popcorn for an appetizer. So that's new. After dinner we came back to our apartment where I immediately began playing with my GoPro and trying to upload pictures. (My computer's being a little stubborn, but I'll let you guys know when the pictures are finally up.) Like the last two nights, I got up every hour until I fell asleep to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle. It just doesn't get old. I'm so sad this is our last night here in this apartment. Tomorrow there are new people coming so we have to stay in a hotel. So sad to leave - I love everything about our little Parisian home. Anyway, since we had such a productive couple of days here in Paris so far, we have literally seen everything I could ever want to see here and more. So tomorrow we might just hang around our apartment neighborhood and explore the shops and cafes here. Also, Myranda is in Paris right now too with her program, so we might try to meet up for dinner or something which would be awesome, but we'll see! So stay tuned ;)


Paris has the BEST fashion am I right?? Only 1375 euros!
Heaven
Take your pick
Where Princess Diana died
I only took this cause the sign said Bastille
Complimentary appetizer at dinner… that's a new one
At one of my favorite places in the world with
two of my favorite people in the world.
ET
ET
ET
(I'm running out of captions)
LE TOUR EIFFEL
Mad selfie game
ET
ET
Double-decker bus time
ET
Arc de Triomphe
Champs Elysees 
I love our view
Starbucks sells croque monsieur!
LOVE THEM
Awkward hugs
Blowing kisses like the French



You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.