Meet Me in Paris

day 71  //  nice  //  paris


Well here's to another travel day. Today we woke up earlier than usual because we had to pack up, eat breakfast, and make it to the train station for our 9:30 departure to Paris. We took the fast train (the TGV - aka the one we accidentally took yesterday) and we had assigned seats. It was definitely the nicest train we've been on so far. We slept most of the way there aside from getting extremely frustrated trying to do the NYTimes crossword puzzle of the day. Our arrival was delayed a bit, but we finally arrived in Paris around 4:30! The train station here is just amazing. Even the bathrooms are pristine. It's awesome. It's big though too, so it took us awhile to get to where we had to buy metro tickets and find our metro. We were following signs to our metro for a long time and when we finally got there, the metro had just gotten there so we made a run for it. The doors were beeping as we came to them, ready to close and take off. I was first and I shoved my way in with all my luggage. But that was all we had time for. The doors shut hard and fast behind me, leaving me alone in the metro car and my mom and Shelly outside still at the station. We frantically tried to communicate what to do, but it was hard to think, let alone plan, in the split second we had. I got off at the first stop, hoping they would see me or that I would see them when they came by on the next one. Luckily it worked out and we reunited at the next stop. We stopped to catch our breath before getting on again (making sure we had PLENTY of time this time) and heading in the direction of where we are staying. After a few stops, a LOT of stairs (seriously so many we thought we were going to die), and a quick 2-minute walk, we arrived at our apartment. We are so close to the train station and right along this awesome street with tons of adorable cafes and boutiques. Literally could not have picked a better location. But it doesn't stop there. Our apartment is SO ADORABLE. I'll take good pictures tomorrow that will hopefully do it a little justice (not likely) but it's so pretty. It had this wood framework throughout the main area and the design and styling is just perfect. Every detail down to the homemade book towel hooks (I'll take pictures tomorrow) is just too cute for words. Oh and did I mention we have a balcony/porch with a view of the Eiffel Tower? Yeah, it's pretty dang cool. After getting settled we walked along the street until we decided on a cute little cafe/restaurant where we wanted to have dinner. I had an awesome salad and they had sandwiches. We are all just loving hearing and attempting to speak the French language. It's just so pretty. Shelly's mentioned more than once that she decided she's moving to Paris and/or we are finding me a Parisian husband so that she can come visit regularly. I've heard kind of negative things about Paris from people who have visited, but we are in an awesome part of town that is impossible not to fall in love with. Anywaaaays, on our way home from dinner we found this awesome little gelato place right across from our apartment. They fashion the ice cream so that is looks like a flower in your cone. I'll upload pictures on tomorrow to show you everything so far. I can't wait to see the rest of Paris! 

PS - The Eiffel Tower is lit up at night and every hour on the hour it sparkles for like 5 minutes. It looks magical and I can't believe I can look out my window and watch it. Too. Stinking. Cool.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.