Momma Bear

day 64  //  florence  


SHE'S HERE SHE'S HERE!!!!!! Okay before I go all mom-crazy I'll explain my morning. So I woke up a little early to do a little extra cleaning in my apartment so that my mom wouldn't think I'm a pig that doesn't keep her things nice. Then I went to breakfast with some friends at a little place nearby called "Mama's Bakery". They have bagels - GASP - which I haven't had since I've been here so I was super pumped. I got a plain bagel with blueberry cream cheese on one side (it had actual blueberries in it) and cinnamon raisin walnut on the other side. Then I got a side of fruit and some pear juice to drink. SO GOOD. I miss bagels. Then I went back home to wait for my momma's word that she had landed which I received around 12:30. Then at 1 guess who showed up on my doorstep? That's right - my mom and I were reunited in Florence at last! I was so happy to see her. We sat around and relaxed for a bit before I gave her a mini tour of the area right around me. And of course we stopped for my favorite gelato. But then we had to go back to my apartment so that I could get my books for class and she could get her bag to go check into her apartment. I showed her how to get to her apartment (it's super close to me) and I ventured off to class. What a tease of a couple hours! But I could hardly sit through class knowing she was waiting for me, so I skipped my second class. Oops :) I met her at her apartment - literally MAYBE a 1 minute walk from me. The apartment is adorable (can't wait for you to see Shelly!) and just perfect for the brief time we're here. Anyway, we ended up just walking around, I showed her a few things here and there but we mainly just wandered. We ended up sitting down outside for a bite to eat and some people watching at the Roberto Cavalli Caffe I've mentioned before. She got some chardonnay and I decided to try the "hot chocolate" which I have been wanting to try. It's not like you'd think.. it's literally just like melted chocolate. It was good but I don't know how people drink a whole cup of it. It's a lot. We also both got a little prosciutto and mozzarella grilled sandwich. After eating we trekked up to Piazzale Michelangelo to watch the sunset and see the amazing view of Florence from up there. It was so cool to be up there with her - simply could not be happier. After sitting up there for awhile listening to a middle-aged Italian man sing covers of American songs we decided to run to the store to get some stuff for breakfast (and momma wanted some wine). Then we stopped back at her apartment to drop off our groceries before going back to my apartment so that I could get the stuff I needed to stay at her apartment for the night. (And we may or may not have gotten gelato again on the way…) I'm writing this semi-rushed because - surprise - my mom is nagging on me to not stay up late and to get to sleep. It's like she never left :) Can't wait for a day of exploring Florence with her tomorrow and can't wait for my Aunt Shelly to join us the next day! I'm a happy happy girl!


(Check that blueberry cream cheese!)
Literally "hot chocolate"
She's here! She's here!



You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.