Pastry Queens

day 56  //  florence


Well hello there. Today when I woke up I quickly finished my photography project. Then I had to go to the school library and transfer it to a certain folder so that my professor would have it in time for class. Once that was all finished, I went to the fruit stand and the pharmacy. At the fruit stand I got, well, fruit, and at the pharmacy I got some ibuprofen. At least I hope it's ibuprofen. That's what I asked for and that appears to be what the label says, but every else is in Italian so who knows. (So if I keel over and die in the next few days, you'll know why.) My knee has been acting up a little bit again recently, so I figured I should take some anti-inflammatories. Then I had a bit of time back at my apartment before photography class. Class was long as usual. We presented out projects and everything went well. After class I went and got Dakota (one of the CSU girls) some candy and a flower for her birthday. I brought it up to her apartment and then the group of us walked over to our pastry making class together. The class was at the "In Tavola" place that is just across the ally from my apartment door (that's where most of the cooking classes are held). We made 3 different things: little fruit tarts, cream puff sandwich thingys, and layered berry/cream/chocolate something. (They told us the real names but I didn't understand/don't remember, but I like my names better.) But we made it all scratch. My hands were a little preoccupied most of the time, so I couldn't take pictures during the actual process but here are a few photos I took towards the end. 

PS - There were 5 us working together at our station and we made all 4 plates that you'll see of goodies. And all 4 plates were for us 5 to eat… We had a couple leftovers, but we did more damage than any of the other groups… even the boys… 

PS again - These are totally out of order.

Finished products!
One of my favorites
Cream puff sammies
Layer thingys
With berries, YUM
Berry + Cream/Custard + Chocolate
Everything we made! And ate….
4 plates for 5 people? Sounds about right.
Fruit tarts pre-berry
Layered thingys pre-chocolate
Adding the chocolate
Adding the chocolate
Drizzling white chocolate
White chocolate drizzle - 'cause why not?
Making the cream
We take cooking class very seriously
Okay maybe not that seriously


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.