Cinco de Mayo

day 110  //  florence


I woke up early today to get ready, get breakfast, and study my booty off before my final at 2:30.  I had already made a study guide but hadn't started actually studying it so I had a lot of work to do and it took me down to the last minute to feel prepared. But I took and it was over! (Along with my professor's constant coughing and wheezing during class - thank goodness.) I had a had a half hour or so until my Italian class so I headed home, but on my way I ran into my roommate Lauren and we decided to get some wine and banana chips (our fave treat) and sit on the bridge and enjoy the nice weather until class. We were sitting and talking when all of a sudden the wind pick up our half-eaten bag of banana chips and swept them away, causing them to fall down into the Arno and float away. We looked at each other and just started laughing hysterically because we couldn't believe what had just happened. It was so bizarre and we were speechless we thought it was just so funny. Soon it was time to head to class. I didn't really understand why we even had Italian class today since we already went over what was going to be on the final last week. But the class ended up being great! We made a poster for the office ladies just saying "Thank you" and "We'll miss you/Florence/Richmond" and delivered it to them. They said no one had ever done that before and they were almost in tears they loved it so much. They immediately took down a poster from the wall and hung ours in its place. It was adorable. Then we went back to class to fill out a final review survey thing about Richmond/the meal plan/any advice/etc. and it was so weird putting the whole semester into perspective and trying to give advice to future students. I remember anxiously reading all the previous students words when I was going through the process, so it was weird being the person on the other side. Then class was over and Ponty (Lauren) and I headed to this Mexican restaurant to meet our friends for a little Cinco de Mayo happy hour. We got some nachos and margaritas and celebrated the holiday along with our first finals being out of the way. Then Lauren, Heidi, and I went to another restaurant to eat dinner (we didn't really eat at happy hour) before heading home for the night. I had to finish my final photography project for tomorrow and start packing! So weird to think I'm packing to go home already... Time seriously flies.


Margz
Margz & Nachos - HAPPY CDM!

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.