Pompeii

day 109  //  sorrento  //  pompeii  //  florence



After waking up from my last night in a hostel for-hopefully-ever, we finished packing up our stuff, had the hostel breakfast, then loaded up and headed out for Pompeii. Right when we got there we immediately divided up into groups and took off on our guided tours of the city of ruins. I didn't know much about Pompeii before this, so it was super cool to learn about as I walked through it. Also, Mount Vesuvius was pretty gorgeous. Got some nice pictures of it. Then we went to this pizza place nearby where I got this awesome prosciutto, mozzarella, and arugula pizza. Then it was time to take the bus back home to Florence for the last time ever. So many lasts... It's all so bittersweet. But this trip ending made coming home at the end of this week seem so much more real. Literally in 5 days I'll be home for good and this whole experience will be over. It still hasn't even totally sunk in that I did all of this. But I really don't know that it ever will. It's all just so bizarre! Can't believe I was lucky enough to do all of this. Okay ANYWAAAYS, since Pompeii was on the way home already we only had about a 6-7 hour bus ride back. (During which we had our last European gas station dinner.) When we got back, we took a cab home, then I spent the rest of the night studying for my final tomorrow! I have my Made In Italy test tomorrow, my final photography presentation on Tuesday, and my Italian final in Wednesday. Then Thursday I have a photography exhibit thingamajig, the Friday it's back to the U-S-of-A!!!!

PS- Can not wait for you guys to see all my photos and videos from this weekend!! The Amalfi Coast is simply breathtaking and I definitely want to come back someday.


Typical - Reese being repulsed by Kait
YUM
Me & Lil' Heid at Pompeii
Mt. Vesuvius
Pompeii
Again
Again.....
Again...
Their bathrooms
Random ruins
Ruins with Mt. Vesuvius in the background
Dog that got stuck under the ash
Pompeii
Again.................
And again...
And again..
Fresh lemon/orange juice. YUM
Again
Again
Aaaand again
And another one
One more
Last one I swear


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© tessa, etc. Design by MangoBlogs.